1. This policy applies to AGA Rangemaster Group plc companies throughout the world. Specific references to legislation are to legislation of the United Kingdom but the underlying principles and practical requirements of the policy are universally applicable.
1.1 It is the
policy of AGA Rangemaster Group plc to comply with the requirements
of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the Environment Act 1995
and other relevant legislation. To adhere in its operating
practices and in product design to appropriate environmental
standards set by government and other organisations.
1.2 AGA Rangemaster Group plc recognises that it has responsibilities not only to its shareholders but also to its employees, its customers and the communities in which it operates.
1.3 The Company requires all operating units throughout the group.
a) to design and
operate their plants and to design and manufacture their products
so as to minimise, in accordance with relevant current standards,
their environmental effect on employees, customers and the
b) to work with government agencies to resolve any identified environmental problems and to communicate information on such problems openly to those likely to be affected by them.
c) to encourage energy efficiency, together with the recycling and re-use of materials whilst monitoring awareness of cost and quality implications.
d) to establish an environmental improvement plan
e) to promote through formal training and communications, employee awareness of group environmental policies and to build environmental responsibility into all aspects of their operations, including all relationships with suppliers and customers.
f) to have mechanisms in place that ensure they are regularly updated with any changes to legal and other environment issues particular to their operating unit.
2. It shall be the responsibility of the Group Health, Safety & Environmental Co-ordinator:
2.1 to implement
this policy within AGA Rangemaster Group plc, ensuring that the
heads of individual operating units carry out this policy at their
2.2 to submit a report every six months to the Chief Executive. The reports will include information on incidents having environmental implications, on principal developments relating to the implementation of this policy and on progress towards long-term objectives
2.3 to report immediately to the Chief Executive any occurrence having serious environmental implications, such a verbal report to be followed by written details as soon as is practicable.
3. This policy and its implementation will be reviewed annually, in order to incorporate best working practices and legislative requirements:-
3.1 At AGA
Rangemaster Group plc level by the Group Health, Safety &
3.2 At operating unit level , by the Director/Senior Executive in charge as appropriate
4. The Group Health, Safety & Environmental
Co-ordinator will be responsible to the Chief Executive for the
monitoring of this policy and collation of the six monthly
5. The Chief Executive and the Group Health & Safety Co-ordinator can be contacted in writing to the registered office address, Juno Drive, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 3RG. Alternatively, they can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone on 01926 455 755.
Group Health, Safety & Environmental Co-ordinator
First Issued March 2001
Updated December 2010